Eating Out

When you are dealing with food allergies/intolerances and trying to eat healthy, eating out can be a challenge! I find lunches on the go the toughest! A day trip requires a lot of prep and planning, otherwise I will end up eating a bag of chips or fries as a meal!
When I am in a hurry, I carry a Kind bar (nuts, seeds, fruit) to help hold me over.  Otherwise, I always pack my own lunch. Sandwich, hard boiled eggs, raw veggies, and an apple are my usual go-to's.  If I have time for a "sit-down" meal, the options are definitely better! I stick to proteins and salads for lunch.  If we are out for Dinner, I find my options are better.
Grabbing food on the run is still hard, but there are definitely more choices available now then when I first started this journey. People in the restaurant business now know what Gluten is and can prepare "safer" meals for me.

Favourite Places to Eat Out with GF/DF options:
Taco Farm (corn tortillas, GF fried chicken)
Beer Town (very accommodating; GF beer)
Verses $$$ (very accommodating; GF bread)
Village Crepery (Many GF items)
The Keg (GF menu)
Frat Burger (bring my own bun; meat has no filler)

Take-Out:
Dominoes (great GF crust)
Swiss Chalet (Chicken is GF; avoid fries)

Pre-made Meals:
Dana Shortt Gourmet Foods (frozen meals are labelled GF/DF)

Comments

Popular Posts