"Detoxing" after Denver!




My husband and I plan a getaway with friends every year to relax and refresh ... remember all the things we love about each other.  We always have a good time laughing, drinking, and eating good food. We just got back from a fabulous 5 day trip to Denver, Colorado and the have to say we had some of the best food ever! With my food allergies, it can be hard to eat out, but Denver restaurants are well versed in gluten free and dairy free eating. I eve had a few wonderful desserts! Very hard to find a GF and DF dessert.  Usually they are one or the other, but hard to do both! Even the local baseball stadium had an entire GF stand with beer, hot dogs, burgers, etc.! Between excellent Mexican food, pizza, seafood and farm-to-table selections, I've had lots of inspiration for my own menus at home!


Here is a list of my favourite meals, and soon to be inspired recipes/creations at home:
*All of these were made GF and DF for me
  • Egg Sandwich with basil aioli, arugula, tomatoes
  • Fish tacos on grilled corn tortillas
  • Brown rice salad bowl with seared tuna, edamame, soy ginger dressing, peanuts
  • Lemon tart with coconut whip
  • Chicken tortilla soup
  • Garlic Fries
  • Corn and Fava bean succotash






With all of this fabulous food (and drinks), I definitely need a "detox" of clean eating! This week my agenda is to eat lean protein and lots of veggies! I will post a sample of my daily meal plan soon!

Stay tuned for my Denver inspired meal creations to come!
If you are planning a U.S. getaway, I recommend Denver for sure!
~Jen

Comments

Popular Posts