The Vegan Challenge

So this weekend a conversation came up with our friends about going "vegan" and whether or not we could do it. I personally don't think I could or even want to on a full time basis (I love steak too much, oh and bacon, LOL), but accepted the challenge of having one full vegan day a week to start. I also challenged myself to try a new vegan recipe a week.

I started with some research, "Why go Vegan?".  There was some good info here:
http://www.vegansociety.com/try-vegan/why-go-vegan

It is definitely one-sided. There are many benefits to eating meat (in my opinion). But that's just it ... you have to research and find YOUR own opinion.  I am interested to see if I feel different. Many people report increased energy, glowing skin, shiny hair, etc. I am already dairy-free,  that's half the battle.

A book and blog I just started reading is "Oh She Glows", by Angela Liddon. 


I had heard of it before, but hadn't taken the time to try it out or read her whole story. This is going to be my starting point of the "Vegan Challenge".

I will keep posting recipes as I try them out! I challenge you to go vegan one day a week with us!

~Jen

Comments

Popular Posts