What's "Prepping" this Sunday?

It's Sunday again, and I definitely need to have a plan for the week, especially since yesterday we consumed a lot of junk! We had a family road trip and that led to some "fun foods" that were not part of "clean eating"! This included sour keys, cappuccino, chips, popcorn, chili fries, .... oh my!

This week I am prepping my usual plus some homemade granola, energy bits, and pork tenderloin.

The pork will last two meals, and I will use the marinade I have listed under "recipes".

The granola recipe I follow is below. I use quinoa puffs in it to cut down on oats since I am sensitive to oats.
1 cup of quinoa puffs
1 cup GF oats
1-2 cups of chopped nuts (today I am using almonds and walnuts)
1/2 cup of unsweetened shredded coconut
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 of dried cherries
1/2 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup honey
*hemp hearts and chia seeds optional

Mix all the dry ingredients with the maple syrup and honey. Roast at 350 until golden, stirring occasionally.  Cool and add dried fruit, chia, and hemp. Store in an air tight container. Eat over yogurt, with almond milk and bananas (my fav), or dry, etc.

There are so many versions of energy bites on the internet. I play around with whatever I have in the house at the time. I personally like a little crunch in mine, so I add chopped, roasted almonds and replace oats with toasted quinoa puffs.

This week I am getting back on track with clean eating and workouts!
~Jen

Comments

Popular Posts