Holiday Aftermath

The holidays were good to us .... too good! We really enjoyed ourselves by hosting a few parties, lazy days on the couch, good food, and too many drinks. We had to clean out the fridge and cupboard to purge any "junk" and "detox" ourselves from all the over eating/drinking.

Tomorrow is back to routines, schedules, regular workouts, and clean eating.

I did my Sunday prep today! Made 2 dozen muffins, homemade meatballs and sauce to stock in the freezer (with hubby), washed and cut veggies, made lunches, and prepped a few salads. I eat a salad pretty  much everyday but if I don't plan them well, I get sick of eating them. There are a few places in town that make a great salad. I always think salads taste better somewhere else! I figured I could make them myself. It is really not that hard, but takes planning and prep. I decided I need to be more creative with my salads so that I can enjoy them. Here is my "Salad of the Week":


It is a cobb salad with: romaine, spinach, arugula, quinoa, tomatoes, red peppers, craisins, olives, corn, and 2 chopped eggs.
The dressing is a creamy avocado cilantro dressing that I got from here: Dressing Link

Here's hoping we all have a smooth transition back to work/school this week! Good luck!
~Jen

Comments

Popular Posts