Happy New Year!

 
Looking back and celebrating the good times of 2014 warms my heart and bring sadness all at the same time. I'm not sure where the time goes or how my babies got so big!? But I do enjoy looking at my pictures and reminiscing over the memories we've made.
 
The new year always feels like a fresh start: new goals, eating healthier, organizing the house, being more patient, etc. It also brings closure for anything you want to leave in the past and move on from.
I cant say that there is any ONE goal I want to accomplish, but I do want to improve on parenting strategies with my oldest and to continue making family first. We are finished our psych assessment with J and are getting results in the next week.  I am looking forward to getting some answers so that we can help him cope better with his emotions.  This holiday was really enjoyable and relaxing for all of us because we were more aware of Jax's needs and balanced our super busy days with full days in PJs. We also turned down invitations because our schedule was fairly busy and we didn't want to cause any stress on J. Our plan seemed to work and we had a great holiday with minimal "episodes".
 
Having a healthy balanced lifestyle is always on my list.  This means different things to different people, but for me it means that I eat healthy most of the time (lots of veggies, fruit, lean protein);  workout a minimum of 3-4 days a week, with a focus on weights and intervals of cardio.  However, I do enjoy wine and dark chocolate. I really love food, so I experiment with new recipes when I can. As long as I focus mostly on things that make my body feel good, then I am happy and feel like I am achieving my goal of a healthy balance (not as in 50/50, but as in I have a focus on healthy foods and I am not depriving myself of treats or junk food).
 
Going back to work on Monday is a double edged sword. It's so nice to be home with the family, but going back to work brings some normalcy to our life; routines; schedules.
 
 I read that "Its not what you eat between Christmas and New Years; its what you eat between New Years and Christmas".  I'm hoping that this is true, seeing that I was so lazy this holiday and splurged on lots of treats and drinks!
 
I am hoping you have a fresh start on your New Year!
~Jen

Comments

Popular Posts