The Frosty Five

We've all heard of (and maybe experienced) the Freshman Fifteen, but do you also suffer from the "Frosty Five" each winter?? I do! And with 3 weeks til our vacation, I have to make a conscious effort to not gorge every weekend! The past few weekends have been fun-filled: couples spa getaway, Great Wolf Lodge with the kids, and a dinner/sleepover with our good friends, but they have also been filled with lots of wine and food! yikes! I'd like to think that these five pounds represent some great times spent with friends and family, enjoying ourselves and celebrating. And they do! But they are also a reminder that I have not been so careful with what I am putting into my body. Clean eating (including weekends) has to be my priority these next few weeks.  We are cutting back our daily glass of wine and swapping for Perrier, and trying to avoid the "junk" on weekends (starting today - LOL!).

With all of that said, I am making Italian style meatloaf (half ground chicken and half extra lean beef) and homemade Gluten free gnocchi!! Sunday dinners have always been a tradition in our family and I am continuing that with my own little fam of 4 too!

I will post the recipes later (if they turn out!).

I hope you are enjoying a family dinner tonight too!
~Jen

Comments

Popular Posts