This and That


Life has been busy, to say the least! I haven't had time to blog much, but ideas are swimming in my head, from updates to new topics.

We got our family photos back, and as you can see, no one would know how our morning started and you can't see the tears, tantrums, and bribing it took to get these shots! LOL
 
 
My oldest was having a tough time with our morning routine (especially transitions), so I created an incentive chart so that he gets a reward when it is full.  It has really seemed to help us get out the door in the morning without much of a struggle.  Here is what I started with:
 
Now that this one is full, I made a new one on the computer.  Here is the link if you'd like to try!
 

 
At school this week, my students and I looked at the amount of sugar in their lunch bags. We converted the grams of sugar into teaspoons and then measured it out into Ziploc bags.  What a shock to see the amounts in actual sugar!! They had no idea what 4 grams looked like. Here is our bulletin board that we made:


 
One of the biggest shocks was in juice, fruit gummies, and yogurt. Next bulletin board will be a "fat" wall!! "How much fat is in that??" 
Stay tuned!
~Jen

Comments

Popular Posts