Surviving the First Week of School

T.G.I.F!!
We survived the first week back to school and settled into a pretty good routine. We are all exhausted, but I am feeling pretty satisfied with how the week went, both at home and school. It wasn't without a few meltdowns, but the good definitely outweighed the ugly!
Here are a few things that helped us survive:

  • A lunch/breakfast choice board for my kids to select items on it. It allows them to be a part of the decisions, but also helps ensure they eat what is packed.  Here it is below:
  • Splitting our morning "duties" really helps also! I get the kids ready, Derek makes coffee and packs lunches.
  • Make lunches the night before, usually around the same time as dinner prep.  Easy to do if weekend prep is done (i.e., chopped veg, fruit, etc.)
  • Pre-planned dinners: I made freezer meals on the weekend; I doubled our Sunday night dinner to serve as a full dinner another night in the week; thawed meat the night before so I could prep or marinate.
  • My go-to dinner if I forget to thaw anything is poached eggs. Delicious on toast with dressed arugula, a slice of prosciutto or smoked salmon. Cook eggs enough that the whites are opaque, but the yolks are runny. Eat with a knife and fork. The yolk drips onto the arugula and cured meat, soaked up by the toast!! yum! and super easy!! (kids usually have grill cheese this night, LOL).
  • One night a week I cut myself some slack and treat the kids to take-out ... Pizza is a fav!
  • A glass of wine and some dark chocolate help too!!
Here is a pic of the first day ... They look happy!!

A few Classroom pics ... as promised from last week:




Comments

Popular Posts