Cheers to the New Year!

Cheers to the New Year! Yes, I am a week late, but many of us have not gone back to work yet since the holidays and maybe we haven't begun our resolutions, detoxes, workout routines, etc., so this post is still valid! :) LOL!
I didn't make resolutions this year. I am just going to keep on "keeping on". Keeping a healthy balance between work and home, family and friends, eating healthy, working out, and don't forget the wine.

One thing I still rely on and love to do is my "Sunday Prep". This helps me do the above and make me feel sane.
Since we opened Freshii last March, my prep has been less as big D makes my lunch everyday! Whoot whoot! That leaves me with prep for the kids lunches, snacks, and dinner.

All week I have been thinking about what I need to prep for back to school and back to work ... inspired to cut back on meat a bit more, I experimented with some recipes: pan fried cauliflower in an orange sauce, falafel, and samosa patties. All were easy to make and delicious! Even my kids tried them!

This cold weather has also got me wanting soup (and my friend's Beer Bread that I modified to be gluten free)! Derek is smoking a ham today, so I will use the left over bone and meat for Split Pea Soup this week! My friend made this Indian Lentil Cauliflower soup this week also and said it was delicious, so that is up next to try!

Here is the modified Beer Bread recipe:
2 3/4 c. GF oat flour (I grind my own whole oats into flour)
2 tbsp. honey
1 tsp salt
2 tbsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp dried oregano*
1/4/ tsp dried dill*
1 GF beer at room temperature

*any dried herbs will work. I really like the dill, so sometimes I sprinkle in extra!

Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl. Pour in beer and stir. Place the dough in a greased pan, sprinkle the top with sea salt, and bake at 375 F for 45 min. Brush the top with butter or vegan margarine when done.
Enjoy!

This post is leaving me hungry! Off to eat!
~ Jen

Comments

Popular Posts